Reflections from 2018:
- At the end of January we bought a house in Landrum, SC
- Amy’s track season began.
- We moved in February with the help of family and friends.
- Popaw became gravely ill and was put under Hopsice Care.
- WCU Men and Women’s Track and Field Team’s won SoCon Championship
- Alex finished his Junior year at UNC- Charloote and Amy her Sophomore year at WCU
- Ryan transferred from Groton, CT to Goose Creek, SC and is now instructing at NNTPC (Navy Nuclear Power Training Command
- Matthew transferred from Honolulu, HI to Goose Creek, SC and is now instructing at NNTPC but not before making a trip to Bali
- Ryan and Matthew finally, after 5 years, are together again. For the time being, they are actually living in the same apartment. (For any of you who know these two, their personalities are like day and night. ) I’m sure it’s quite comedic at times.
- Popaw graduated out of Hospice Care
- Alex began his Senior year and Amy her Junior year
- Mom sold her big house
- On the day Ned celebrated his first year in Heaven, Mom bought a new home.
- GE announced the sale of their lighting division. Sale is currently scheduled to take place in March or April. (Terry will have 34 years with GE March 31) We have no idea what this looks like for us; but we know God is in control.
- Terry, my sister, Kristi and a few great friends threw a little ”surprise party” for me…..all because I turned ”50” It was a lovely surprise
- Terry and I celebrated 24 years of marriage.
- Christmas Eve I made dinner for my family. Our house was full and so we’re our bellies. That evening, we celebrated Terrys birthday by going out for dInner. For the first time in 5 1/2 years, our family of 6 were together.
2018 has been a year of changes and many surprises. It hasn’t always been what I had hoped or planned and in many ways its been much better.
All I know is that God has been so good to me. He has given me strength to endure things I never thought I could. He filled me with contentment when my heart was longing for more. He has given me patience to endure trials. He taught me to trust that His timing is best. Now, He has made it possible for all of my children to be within 3 1/2 hour drive.
I am truly thankful and blessed.
Looking forward to 2019 with excitement and anticipation of what’s to come.
Happy New Year!